Enjoy a dedicated team of technical and regulatory specialists that follow your sample from start to finish. From designing the testing protocol, to explaining results and ensuring regulatory compliance.
The key to controlling costs without increasing risk is to have access to a wide range of available options and skillful guidance in GMO test selection. FoodChain ID Testing can tailor a GMO testing program to meet your needs without incurring unnecessary costs.
Keeping Costs Down by Choosing the Correct Test
FoodChain ID Testing offers a full menu of qualitative and quantitative GMO testing options that can be customized to suit your products and meet your buyer’s needs. Our goal is to give you the most protection at the lowest cost. For example:
- In many cases, an economical qualitative GMO test will suffice. Only if the qualitative GMO test result is positive will a more expensive quantitative GMO test be required.
- When quantitation is required, a range of GMO testing options is available, including Real-Time Quantitative PCR and Semi-Quantitative PCR.
- GMO variety tests can be customized to your export destination, reducing costs while assuring compliance with applicable import regulations.
FoodChain ID Testing offers a broad portfolio of ISO 17025 accredited GMO tests which can be customized to meet the customer’s needs. Each GMO test employs duplicate DNA extraction, duplicate PCR reactions and exacting control reactions. These are just some of the steps that make FoodChain ID Testing’s GMO analysis one of the most robust available. Equally important are our solution-oriented FoodChain ID Testing account managers who work in partnership with you to help meet often-complex GMO related challenges. FoodChain ID Testing has the expertise and technological capabilities to build a custom test to suit your company’s specific GMO detection requirements.
Selection of the proper test involves many considerations, including your sample type, the likely sources of GMO, turn-around time needed, buyer requirements, export markets, and government regulations. The primer sets you choose will depend on your product, whether it is a broad-spectrum (cross species) or single species sample. We recommend that you consult one of our account managers before making your testing decision. Their expertise will help you achieve the most effective and economical solution for your specific testing requirements.
- Single-Species GMO detection provides total GMO content of a single species and is most suitable for products such as grains, flours, soy isolates, etc., where there is a single source of GMO.
- Broad-Spectrum (cross species) GMO detection determines GMO content from one or more sources of GMO. It is useful for determining GMO content in multiple ingredient products, but it will not identify the genetically modified species or variety.
- Variety-Specific GMO detection identifies individual GMO varieties such as Roundup Ready® Soy.
- GMO Qualitative Analysis reports presence or absence of GMO, but will not quantify how much GMO is present.
- GMO Semi-Quantitative Analysis reports GMO content above or below one or more thresholds (e.g. 0.1% and 1%)
- GMO Real-Time Quantitative Analysis reports precise quantitative results of GMO content.
FoodChain ID Testing’s Limit of Detection is 0.01% and Limit of Quantitation is 0.05%
|Standard||Results due 5 business days later|
|3 Day Priority||Results due 3 business days later|
|2 Day Priority||Results due 2 business days later|
|Rapid||Results due next business day|
|Express||Results due next business day (noon)|
|Same Day||Results due same day (end of day)|
If a sample requires more than one GMO test, the additional GMO testing fees may be reduced if no further DNA extraction is required. When ordering multiple GMO tests, either concurrently or as an upgrade, please call for more information.
Volume discounts are available. Please contact one of our account managers for more information.
Samples for testing should be submitted to the address below:
FoodChain ID Testing
4150 Lafayette Center Drive
Chantilly, Virginia 20151, USA
Tel: +1.888.229.2011 (Toll Free USA/Canada)