A growing number of international regulations can make market entry in new countries a challenge. The FoodChain ID Market Entry Reports are a helpful resource to get started quickly in a region or country.
Our Subject Matter Experts provide you with essential information about the regulatory framework to enable entry into new markets. All Market Entry Reports are available in English.
Market Entry Reports: Food Import
These Market Entry Reports include import regulations and procedures, customs inspections, certifications and documents required, and banned products, as well as the contact information of the national agencies.
Market Entry Reports: Food Labeling
The Market Entry Report in Food Labeling Requirements includes four sections:
- Mandatory and voluntary information to consumers on food labels
- Ingredients declaration including requirements for allergens, fats and GMO declaration
- Nutrition Declaration rules, including Front of Pack
- Claims, including conditions to use Nutrient Content Claims, Health Claims and other marketing/descriptive claims such as Healthy, Gluten Free, Trans Fat Free and Halal
Market Entry Reports: Contaminants
The Food Contaminants Market Entry Reports include:
- Requirements for maximum residue limits of pesticides on food products to be sold into a particular country (80 in total).
- Some market entry reports are detailing the specific pesticide requirements for commodities and food products to include the regulatory authority responsible for establishing thresholds, default limits, deferral policies and commodities of concern.
Please contact us for a list of countries of available Market Entry Reports.