BRCGS is a leading brand and consumer protection organization, used by over 29,000 certified suppliers in over 130 countries. The BRCGS Standard is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized certification program.
FoodChain ID is a highly rated certification body providing accredited BRCGS certification globally. Currently the BRCGS Plant-Based Standard is offered in Europe markets.
Why FoodChain ID for BRCGS Certification?
- BRCGS Certification Body 5-star rating
- Broad pool of highly trained auditors
- Customer single point-of-contact saves you time
- Highly responsive customer and technical team
- Training and consulting experience
The popularity of plant-based food has been gathering momentum. The BRCGS Plant-Based Standard provides certainty for industry and consumers alike, with the on-pack trademark empowering consumers to make informed choices quickly and easily.
Certification is achieved by undertaking a third-party audit against Standard requirements by an accredited certification body. BRCGS rates certification bodies on their technical performance and efficiency in customer service.
The Standard applies only to the control of animal inputs in plant-based products, in manufacture, processing and packing of:
- Processed foods, both own brand and customer branded
- Ingredients for use by food service companies, catering companies, and food manufacturers
- Pet foods (GFSI benchmarked schemes only)
- Natural health products
The BRCGS Plant-Based Standard is applicable to any food company involved in the production of plant-based food – which means any product which is free of material of animal origin. The Standard is:
- Achievable – Takes a common sense, risk-based approach, providing companies with a clear path towards certification
- Appropriate – The Standard is HACCP-based and incorporates claim management systems and internationally accepted best manufacturing practices.
- Brand Protection – The on-pack Plant-Based trademark will allow brands and products to differentiate themselves and empower consumers to make informed choices quickly and easily
- Cost effective – Certification reduces the need and expense of duplicate audits.
- Combined audits – Plant-Based audits may be conducted as a standalone or in combination with any GFSI certification audit.