BRCGS certification is an internationally recognized mark of food safety and quality. Certification is achieved by undertaking a third-party audit against Standard requirements with an accredited certification body. BRCGS rates certification bodies on their technical performance and efficiency in customer service. FoodChain ID is a 5 star certification body providing accredited BRCGS certification in the UK, US and Europe.
We provide certification for: START!, Food Safety, Packaging Materials, Agents and Brokers, Storage and Distribution and Gluten Free (Europe).
Unlike many certification bodies, we specialize in the food industry.
Broad pool of highly trained auditors
Customer single point-of-contact saves you time
Highly responsive customer and technical team
Training expertise, Approved Training partner
We can help you identify the right standards for your needs.
Whether your request is driven by market expansion, a new business opportunity or a customer request, we can guide you with the best solution.
- Visit www.brcgs.com
- Download a copy of the Standard
- Review any appropriate guidelines
- Select an audit option (announced, unannounced or blended), with or without additional modules
- Self-assess compliance with the Standard
- Contact FoodChain ID to discuss the audit planning
- Define scope of the audit planning
- Ensure information and appropriate personnel are available for the audit, even in the event of an unannounced audit
- Provide FoodChain ID with information for audit preparation
- Define audit date (or parameters if unannounced) and agree audit duration based on audit duration calculator
The audit will consist of several different audit techniques, including:
- Opening meeting
- Production facility inspection
- Document review
- Vertical audit (including traceability challenge and mass balance)
- Final review of findings
- Closing meeting
- Carry out corrective action, root cause analysis and develop a preventive action plan for any non-conformities identified. Evidence must be submitted within 28 days of the end of the audit
- Certification body reviews evidence in 14 days
- If corrective action, root cause analysis and preventive action plan are deemed satisfactory, a certificate, audit report and corresponding grade will be issued within 42 days of the audit
- Ongoing maintenance of the Standard and continual improvement
- Get login details for the BRCGS Directory and share audit report
- Use of BRCGS logo
- Ongoing communication with certification body
- Schedule re-audit date before the next audit is due