GLOBALG.A.P. is a private association that sets voluntary standards for the certification of agricultural products worldwide. Its goal is to create a single standard of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) with different product applications, capable of satisfying the whole of global agriculture.
The GLOBALG.A.P. standard serves, above all, to assure consumers of agricultural food production methods, minimizing the impacts of agricultural activities harmful to the environment, the inputs of chemical substances and ensuring a responsible approach towards health and worker safety and animal welfare.
GLOBALG.A.P. presents itself as a practical manual for good agricultural practice anywhere in the world. It is a fair partnership between agricultural producers and large food retailers.
GLOBALG.A.P. certification is carried out in over eighty countries by more than one hundred independent and accredited inspection and certification bodies. It is open to all producers worldwide. It is made up of a series of reference regulatory documents: General rules, Control Points and Fulfillment Criteria, Checklist.
Click here to download IFA Standard documents from the GLOBALG.A.P. website.
With our subsidiary company Bioagricert, we are accredited for the following sectors:
IFA Integrated Farm Assurance:
- FRUITS & VEGETABLES – fruits and vegetables
- COMBINABLE CROPS – industrial plants such as cereals, oilseeds, proteins, etc.
As well as:
- ALBERT HEIJN RESIDUE PROTOCOL – Protocol created for compliance with the MRLs in fresh fruit and vegetables
- GRASP – Integrates what is already present in the IFA standard, Integrated Farm Assurance, regarding the health and safety of workers, focusing on the evaluation of basic indicators on the potential social risks of farms. It can only be applied to companies already in possession of the IFA certification.
- CHAIN OF CUSTODY – A product certification linked to the production site. It should be noted that the farms in option 1 are excluded from the CoC certification.
- TESCO NURTURE – As an add-on that offers the possibility of accessing the English market, being in fact “Nurture” a brand created by the well-known chain TESCO, leader in the fruit and vegetable sector. The Tesco NURTURE protocol was incorporated into the current GLOBALG.A.P. standard, with the addition of some control points concerning the management of plant protection products in an agronomic key, dictated by specific needs of the English brand. This allows companies to avoid duplicating audits on aspects that GLOBALG.A.P. and Tesco have in common.
- GLOBALG.A.P. plus add on McDonald’s
- SPRING – Sustainable program for irrigation and groundwater use