The Global Laboratory Alliance® (GLA) is a worldwide network of laboratories that employs FoodChain ID Testing’s validated and standardized testing technology
FoodChain ID Testing’s Global Laboratory Alliance® (GLA) establishes uniform standards of excellence in DNA-based testing worldwide. Offering expert labs strategically located on 4 continents, the Alliance is a powerful force serving the food industry with accurate, reliable testing services and consulting.
Members of the Global Laboratory Alliance include both private service providers and governmental laboratories.
ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited
The methods provided to GLA laboratories are the result of extensive, in-depth research at FoodChain ID Testing research laboratories and are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, the international standard for laboratory accreditation.ISO/IEC 17025 is an internationally recognized standard that provides rigorous guidelines which define laboratory quality management procedures. These methods make it possible for new GLA members to gain accredited status rapidly for their testing services. Accredited status ensures that testing will have high levels of legal defensibility, industry credibility, and respect.
Utility to the Global Food and Agricultural Industries
The Global Laboratory Alliance is of particular utility to members of the food and agricultural industries who operate globally due to the fact that the GLA makes conveniently available in key international markets a uniform and standardized system of testing. Thus, global participants in the agri-food industry can be assured that, wherever testing is needed, assessment of their products will be consistent, reliable, and based on the highest standards of science.In addition, the testing protocols used by Global Laboratory Alliance laboratories comply with regulatory requirements around the world, and are backed up by FoodChain ID Testing’s broad knowledge of regulatory developments. Through the Global Laboratory Alliance, FoodChain ID Testing can help clients address regulatory issues wherever they operate.
Laboratories Worldwide Invited to Join
Adopting FoodChain ID Testing’s comprehensive package of testing technology is an efficient, convenient, rapid, and cost-effective approach to gaining a DNA-based testing capacity.
Through the expansion of the Global Laboratory Alliance, FoodChain ID Testing has gained extensive experience in transfering its testing technology and training scientific and technical staff. We are prepared to undertake the transfer of this technology to additional laboratories located anywhere in the world.
Benefits of Global Laboratory Alliance membership
- Rapid acquisition of testing capacity
- Full-service testing services
- Specifics of the technology transfer package
- Includes complete training of scientific and technical staff, in your lab or at FoodChain ID Testing
- Methods are standardized, validated, and accredited to ISO 17025, the international standard for laboratory accreditation
- Standardized operating procedures are provided for every step, including:
- Sample processing and DNA extraction
- PCR analysis
- Data analysis
- All critical reagents are provided
- Multiple proprietary DNA extraction systems are provided that are customized for different food and agricultural matrices
- Ongoing technical support
- Available to help you:
- Deal with analytical challenges
- Interpret and evaluate data
- Provide key reagents and standard reference materials on an ongoing basis
- Provide thorough quality control on reagent preparation
- Available to help you:
- Technology development and upgrades
- FoodChain ID Testing conducts ongoing research and development to create new testing methods and to upgrade existing methods as market and regulatory conditions change
- Alliance members who develop analytical or other technologies can use the GLA as a network for quickly marketing their technologies worldwide
- Cooperative marketing
- FoodChain ID Testing’s global recognition helps sell the services that GLA members offer
- Global marketing by FoodChain ID Testing contributes to the success of individual Alliance Labs
- FoodChain ID Testing is prepared to cooperate with GLA members to undertake promotional marketing efforts focused on specific countries or regions of the world
Chantilly, VA 20151, USA
Tel: +1.888.229.2011 (Toll Free USA/Canada)
José Aloysio Brugger, 1081 – Térreo – B. Jardim América
Caxias do Sul/RS – Brazil 95050 – 150
Tel: + 55 (54) 3222-1659
Fax: + 55 (54) 3039-0017