BRCGS is a leading brand and consumer protection organisation, used by over 29,000 certified suppliers in over 130 countries. The BRCGS Standard is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognised certification programme.
FoodChain ID is a highly rated certification body providing accredited BRCGS certification globally.
Why FoodChain ID for BRCGS Certification?
- BRCGS Certification Body 5-star rating
- Broad pool of highly trained auditors
- Customer single point-of-contact saves you time
- Highly responsive customer and technical team
- Training and consulting experience
Achieving full certification to the BRCGS Food Safety can be challenging for some smaller food production companies. BRCGS START! is an effective stepping stone to achieving full BRCGS Food Safety Certification.
Certification is achieved by undertaking a third-party audit against Standard requirements by an accredited certification body (CB). BRCGS rates CBs on their technical performance and efficiency in customer service. FoodChain ID Certification is a highly rated CB providing accredited BRCGS certification globally.
Companies may choose to be audited to either Basic or Intermediate level. The Basic level focuses on food safety and legality. The Intermediate level starts to introduce more quality management system elements and builds upon the Basic level requirements of food safety and legality to provide more comprehensive controls on food safety.
The START! Programme is designed to encourage continual improvement and assist sites in developing their food safety systems to a point where they can achieve full certification. All the clauses at the Basic and Intermediate levels of the START! Programme are the same as or closely derived from the clauses in the full BRCGS for Food Safety.
The requirements are designed to ensure legal compliance as a minimum and are equivalent to or exceed the requirements of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) basic level.
The requirements build upon legal compliance to include more detailed requirements, an expansion of the HACCP process and the development of a quality management system.
BRCGS START! provides your SME food manufacturing business with the opportunity to appear on the BRCGS Directory.
- Provides a clearly defined audit and certification process operated in accordance with the requirements of accreditation
- Uses auditors that meet the demanding competency requirements of BRCGS
- Enables companies achieving basic and intermediate levels to appear in the publicly available part of the BRCGS Directory, thereby recognising their achievements
- Uses requirements based on the Standard, enabling the basic and intermediate levels to provide effective stepping stones towards full certification (if required by customers)
- requires completion of corrective actions on any non-conformities before certification at the basic or intermediate level is awarded, thus reducing the need for customers to follow up audit reports
Contact FoodChain ID to understand how to get started. At FoodChain ID, we know that certification is more than the yearly audit.
The cost of BRCGS certification depends on many factors surrounding your facility. To take the first steps in becoming BRCGS certified, please contact our office so we can assess the requirements of your business.
BRCGS Participate is the most convenient and flexible way to access all the content produced by BRCGS Global Standards. BRC Participate is a managed, subscription-based, online service that subscribers can access to view content, download PDFs of the BRC and access Interpretation Guidelines and supporting publications online, selecting your language of choice where translations are available.