Testing of pet food and animal feed to verify the absence of certain animal species or GMO ingredients may be required to gain access to export markets, to confirm internal quality control, or to demonstrate compliance to standard requirements. FoodChain ID Testing has nearly 20 years of experience providing animal speciation and GMO testing services to the industry. We are a USDA-APHIS-approved laboratory for ruminant testing of processed animal products for export to China. In addition, FoodChain ID Testing is a USDC-approved laboratory for testing fish meal exports to China to verify the absence of microbial pathogens such as Salmonella and Enterobactericeae.
Animal feed often contains complex ingredients that can make designing an appropriate testing plan challenging. Our technical advisors are highly experienced working with a wide variety of animal feed sample matrices and ingredients and can design a cost-effective testing plan to verify species authenticity of ingredients or final product. Moreover, FoodChain ID Testing is an approved laboratory for testing animal feed to meet Non-GMO Project Standard requirements.
For more information on our Animal Species Identification testing, click here.
Let our Expertise Work for You!
If GMO testing is required to meet your business objectives, please call us at +1.888.229.2011 (Toll Free USA/Canada) or 1.641.472.9979 or click here to contact us. A technical advisor will be happy to assist you in determining which testing protocols are appropriate for your target market.
FoodChain ID Testing offers a broad portfolio of ISO 17025 accredited GMO tests which can be customized to meet the customer’s needs. Each GMO test employs duplicate DNA extraction, duplicate PCR reactions and exacting control reactions. These are just some of the steps that make FoodChain ID Testing’s GMO analysis one of the most robust available. Equally important are our solution-oriented FoodChain ID Testing account managers who work in partnership with you to help meet often-complex GMO related challenges. FoodChain ID Testing has the expertise and technological capabilities to build a custom test to suit your company’s specific GMO detection requirements.
Selection of the proper test involves many considerations, including your sample type, the likely sources of GMO, turn-around time needed, buyer requirements, export markets, and government regulations. The primer sets you choose will depend on your product, whether it is a broad-spectrum (cross species) or single species sample. We recommend that you consult one of our account managers before making your testing decision. Their expertise will help you achieve the most effective and economical solution for your specific testing requirements.
- Single-Species GMO detection provides total GMO content of a single species and is most suitable for products such as grains, flours, soy isolates, etc., where there is a single source of GMO.
- Broad-Spectrum (cross species) GMO detection determines GMO content from one or more sources of GMO. It is useful for determining GMO content in multiple ingredient products, but it will not identify the genetically modified species or variety.
- Variety-Specific GMO detection identifies individual GMO varieties such as Roundup Ready® Soy.
- GMO Qualitative Analysis reports presence or absence of GMO, but will not quantify how much GMO is present.
- GMO Semi-Quantitative Analysis reports GMO content above or below one or more thresholds (e.g. 0.1% and 1%)
- GMO Real-Time Quantitative Analysis reports precise quantitative results of GMO content.
FoodChain ID Testing’s Limit of Detection is 0.01% and Limit of Quantitation is 0.05%
[table id=26 /]
If a sample requires more than one GMO test, the additional GMO testing fees may be reduced. Please call for more information.
Volume discounts are available. Please contact one of our account managers for more information.
Samples for testing should be submitted to the address below:
FoodChain ID Testing
4150 Lafayette Center Drive
Chantilly, VA 20151 USA
Tel: +1.888.229.2011 (Toll Free USA/Canada)