If you need more information on any of FoodChain ID Certification’s standards, you can view our documents and resources below
FoodChain ID Certification Non-GMO Standards
FoodChain ID Certification Technical Bulletin 4 – 16/05/09 Non-GMO
FoodChain ID Certification Testing Directive: GMO Soy, BPS-CV127-9
FoodChain ID Certification Technical Bulletin 5 – 16/05/27 Testing Directive
FoodChain ID Certification – Glyphosate Resistant GM Strains, Testing
FoodChain ID Certification Technical Bulletin 6 – 16/08/30
Non-GMO Standard (V6.2)
This Standard covers the procurement, production, handling, processing, storage, distribution, and labelling of foods and agricultural products of plant, animal, and microbial origin. This document sets out the following requirements to be met by organisations seeking certification status under this Standard:
Click here to download (PDF)
FoodChain ID Certification PCR Testing Protocol – INDIA – 6th March 2013
Following the concerted action to help certified clients exclude GMO cotton as a cross-contaminant in Indian Non-GMO soy lecithin, we are pleased to report that since our clients implemented the PCR testing protocols under Directive 4.0 in November 2011 we are pleased to advise you of an updated PCR testing protocol.
Click here to download (PDF 68.1KB)
ProTerra Standard (v3)
The ProTerra Standard is acknowledged as the B2B benchmark for social responsibility and environmental sustainability in the food industry.
Click here to download (PDF 2MB)
Comparison of ProTerra Standard V2.9 (PDF 1MB)
FoodChain ID Certification experts available for editorial comment
FoodChain ID Certification, the fastest growing independent certification body in Europe employs some of the food industry’s most respected experts, many involved with setting the agenda on food topics worldwide. FoodChain ID’s experts are available for telephone interviews, articles and comment on a range of subjects.
Information about the public consultations of upcoming audits of the RTRS Standard for Responsible Soy Production.
Listed below are additional references, which support the development, implementation and maintenance of food safety management systems.
- Global Food Safety Initiative
- EC 178/2002 – General Food Law
- EC 852/2004 – Hygiene of Food Stuffs
- EC 853/2004 – Hygiene Rules of Animal Origin
- EC 1924/2006 – Nutritional Claims
- Food Information Regulations 2014
- Enhancing Food Safety Through Third Party Certification Whitepaper
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 21 Part 110 – Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Holding, or Packing Human Food
- Codex General Principles of Food Hygiene
- NACMCF HACCP Principles and Application Guidelines
- HACCP System and Guidelines for its Application (annex to Codex Alimentarius)
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA): What’s New
- FSMA Preventive Controls Rule
- FSMA Produce Safety Rule
- FSMA Sanitary Transportation Rule