BRC Global Standards provides many training opportunities for sites seeking certification to the Global Standards. Training on the standards can be achieved directly from BRC through the BRC Academy; however, this training is limited in geographical availability. Alternatively, training on implementing the different standards may be received from a BRC Approved Training Partner (ATP’s). Click here for a directory of BRC ATPs in your area.
Education and Standards
BRC introduced a new education tool in 2014 via BRC Participate, an annual, managed online subscription program enabling sites to access all BRC publications (e.g. standards, guidelines, webinars, case studies, white papers).
BRC Participate contains a dynamic library cross-linking content from standards to interpretation guides and other publications. Other features include a searchable glossary and discussion board for subscribers.
Download PDFs of the BRC Global Standards and access Interpretation Guidelines and supporting publications online, selecting your language of choice where translations are available. For more information, please visit www.brcparticipate.com
All BRC Global Standards are available for FREE electronic download from the BRC Bookshop. Hard copies of the Global Standards and Interpretation Guides are available for purchase.
Listed below are additional references, which support the development, implementation and maintenance of food safety management systems:
- Global Food Safety Initiative
- EC 178/2002 – General Food Law
- EC 852/2004 – Hygiene of Food Stuffs
- EC 853/2004 – Hygiene Rules of Animal Origin
- EC 1924/2006 – Nutritional Claims
- Food Information Regulations 2014
- Enhancing Food Safety Through Third Party Certification Whitepaper
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 21 Part 110 – Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Holding, or Packing Human Food
- Codex General Principles of Food Hygiene
- NACMCF HACCP Principles and Application Guidelines
- HACCP System and Guidelines for its Application (annex to Codex Alimentarius)
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA): What’s New
- FSMA Preventive Controls Rule
- FSMA Produce Safety Rule
- FSMA Sanitary Transportation Rule