FoodChain ID seeks a motivated individual to join our Cloud Services team as a Cloud Technologist. This position supports our cloud hosting environment, including Windows and Linux-based virtual machines and Active Directory. You will also support our SaaS products and DevOps in a mixed cloud environment under the supervision of senior team members. This role also involves implementing and maintaining cloud-based solutions utilizing Terraform Infrastructure as Code (IaC). This position reports to the Cloud Services Manager.
Primary Job Duties:
- Work in an issue and project tracking system to document task details and time.
- Support current cloud environment, resources, applications, and project work.
- Monitor cloud environment health, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Perform Active Directory administration, support Windows and Linux operating system environments.
- Perform regular operating system patching and disaster recovery testing.
- Deploy and manage cloud infrastructure utilizing Terraform in accordance with best practices.
- Participate in design and implementation of cloud-based solutions under the guidance of senior team members.
- Maintain environment security using industry best practices and following established policies, and procedures.
- Assist supporting DevOps practices, working with development team and stakeholders to support cloud resources and troubleshoot deployment issues under the guidance of senior team members.
- Create and maintain documentation, knowledge base articles, and runbooks.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our products, technology, and practices.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be asked to perform additional tasks as required, that may or may not be related to their primary job duties.Job Qualifications
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities that are required for the Cloud Technologist role.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with server and network administration.
- Minimum 1 years of experience with public cloud provider AWS.
- Experience with Linux or Windows operating systems administration.
- Experience managing Active Directory users and security groups.
- Working knowledge of backups, disaster recovery, basic networking administration, and DNS administration.
- Proficiency with monitoring, log, and event management and analysis.
- Proficiency with Terraform in a version-controlled environment (e.g., Git).
- Self-motivated and able to self-prioritize multiple tasks and execute accordingly.
- Able to work flexible hours outside normal business hours as required.
- Can clearly communicate via e-mail and in written documentation.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities that are highly desirable for the Cloud Technologist role.
- Associates degree (2-year AA/AS) or equivalent experience.
- Holds one or more AWS certifications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven troubleshooting skills and instincts.
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies quickly.
- Desire to gain knowledge and grow in the position.
- Proficiency in a common scripting language such as Python, bash, Perl, or Ruby.
- Site-to-site VPN administration experience.