For more than two decades, FoodChain ID has been at the on the forefront of the New Food industry providing expertise worldwide to navigate the requirements of an ever-growing demand for higher levels of transparency, accountability, safety, and sustainability. Our technical and business services include serving clean label, food safety, and sustainability claims through offerings of non-GMO Project verification, USDA Organic certification, BRC and SQF food safety certification, and more. Today, more than 30,000 companies in over 100 countries rely on our industry-leading solutions. The FoodChain ID vision encompasses nothing less than assuring the safety, transparency, and integrity of the global food chain, one client and product at a time.
The Strategic Sales Executive (SSE) works under the direction of the European VP, of Sales, and is responsible for leading the sale of FoodChain ID services and Solutions with a specific focus on key Enterprise customers and prospects in European Animal Feed Market. The SSE is accountable for nurturing and growing high value customer relationships and to penetrate customer and prospect businesses to maximize the Foodchain ID opportunity in the assigned across the assigned territory.
Sales and Business Development/Strategic Account Management
- Lead the Commercial Business Development with seller identified key strategic prospects in the European Animal Feed sector with a strong bias to the DACH region.
- Meeting and exceeding assigned sales bookings quotas.
- Clearly articulate the vision, formulating effective sales strategies consistent with the FCID business strategy, determine sales objectives and set priorities, create a line of sight to the commercial activities that support the vision, gain the respect and confidence of team and cross functional business partners.
- Meets with strategic accounts, assisting the commercial organization establishing and maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Grow service line penetration with customers across FoodChain IDs Animal Feed market offerings
- Own the creation of Sales Plans and leading internal cross functional teams to gain share of wallet with target accounts
- Actively participate with the marketing team and senior business leaders to guide in the development of business unit strategic plans.
- Routinely monitor competitive sales and marketing activities, summarize, and share key findings with internal stakeholders, and collaborate in modifying strategies accordingly
- Provide Voice of the Client (VOC) feedback on market needs and company service delivery.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, customer, key industry groups.
- Identify existing and potential problems and to changing business conditions; identify possible causes of the problems; and respond accordingly.
- Understand and appropriately apply procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies; maintain credibility with others on specialty matters; use appropriate procedures or systems in the operation and/or staff environment as the position requires.
- Language: Fluent in writing and speaking English and German.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- 3+ years of industry experience prospecting and then closing business in Testing, Inspection and Certification Services, such as Non-GMO Testing & FAMI-QS, into the Animal Feed Industry with verifiable over quota performance
- Experience in managing complex, Sales Cycles across the DACH region
- Miller Heiman, Conceptual, Strategic and Large Account Management Program Experience preferred
- Extensive CRM (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics) experience required
- Travel: Up to 25-50%
What you will be getting
- We are an organization with a purpose; our employees feel a deep connection with our mission to keep the food supply chain safe and transparent
- We know having workplace flexibility benefits both our employees and the company
- We value ownership, and we make that real by offering an Equity-Based Incentive Plan to all our employees in which they share in the growth of the company
- Excellent career growth opportunity in a global, growing company
- Fast-paced, dynamic work environment