At FoodChain ID, were driven by our vision: we make it easier to keep the food supply chain safe and transparent. To do this, were developing a first of its kind, comprehensive and integrated software platform for our customers. This platform will make it easier for leading food manufacturers and retailers to be compliant, manage risk, and access new markets and consumers as the New Food Economy continues to evolve.
The Strategic Account Executive works under the direction of the VP, of Sales. FoodChain ID is committed to consistently delivering the highest levels of operation and service excellence in our industry. An essential responsibility of the Strategic Account Executive is to collaborate internally and ensure that each business unit meets or exceeds these service level standards. Additionally, the Strategic Account Executive needs to proactively participate in the definition, measurement and reporting of new standards that will further improve service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Account Management
- Lead the Commercial Business Development with FoodChain IDs most strategic customers
- Double Digit Annual Growth with assigned customers, across all service lines
- Clearly articulate the vision, formulating effective sales strategies consistent with the business strategy, determine sales objectives and set priorities, create a line of sight to the commercial activities that support the vision, gain the respect and confidence of team and cross functional business partners.
- Meets with strategic accounts, assisting the commercial organization establishing and maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Grow service line penetration with customers across FoodChain IDs service offerings
- Own the creation of Account Plans and leading internal cross functional teams to gain share of wallet with assigned accounts
- Oversee the execution of trade association meetings
- Actively participate with the marketing team and senior business leaders to guide in the development of business unit strategic plans.
- Routinely monitor competitive sales and marketing activities, summarize and share key findings with internal stakeholders, and collaborate in modifying strategies accordingly
- Provide Voice of the Client (VOC) feedback on market needs and company service delivery.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, customer, key industry groups.
- Identify existing and potential problems and to changing business conditions; identify possible causes of the problems; and respond accordingly.
- Understand and appropriately apply procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies; maintain credibility with others on specialty matters; use appropriate procedures or systems in the operation and/or staff environment as the position requires.
- Bachelors degree from four-year college or university
- 3+ years of industry experience selling Food Testing, and Certification Experience Supply Chain, and the Food Industry preferred
- Experience in managing complex, international accounts
- Miller Heiman, Conceptual, Strategic and Large Account Management Program Experience preferred
- Extensive CRM (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics) experience required