For more than two decades, FoodChain ID has been at the on the forefront of the New Food industry providing expertise worldwide to navigate the requirements of an ever-growing demand for higher levels of transparency, accountability, safety, and sustainability. Our technical and business services include serving clean label, food safety, and sustainability claims through offerings of Non-GMO Project verification, USDA Organic certification, BRC and SQF food safety certification, and more. Today, more than 30,000 companies in over 100 countries rely on our industry-leading solutions. The FoodChain ID vision encompasses nothing less than assuring the safety, transparency, and integrity of the global food chain, one client and product at a time.
A Strategic Account Executive leverages their broad business and technical acumen to identify, qualify, and close sales of FoodChain ID’s software solutions and professional services in our largest and most strategic opportunities. In this role you would work with some of the largest Food and Beverage companies in the world helping them achieve positive business results with FoodChain ID’s modern SaaS solutions and services. This role provides significant growth potential and is responsible for all aspects of expanding our partnership with key accounts.
Ideal candidates have a strong enterprise software sales background, an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy the creativity of creating custom solutions out of FoodChain ID product and service offerings to address customer’s business needs. This significant creative freedom provides exciting opportunities for the candidate with a combination of business development skills and sales experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating and executing strategic account plans to ensure profitable growth of partnerships with top FoodChain ID customers.
- Leveraging current/future relationships and networks to prospect for software and services opportunities
- Managing the entire sales process from business development, prospecting with SDR teams, identifying-, qualifying- and closing new opportunities.
- Overseeing customer account management, including drafting SOWs, creating software quotes, negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize recurring revenue and margin
- Leading an account team, including pre-sales resources, in translating business visions, goals, objectives and high-level requirements into comprehensive bundled solutions and corresponding compelling proposals
- Influencing strategic direction of software products and new/updated services offerings to maximize future sales opportunities
- Ensuring positive customer perception by expediting resolutions to any product or service concerns
Location and travel
FoodChain prefers to consider candidates within reasonable distance of any major US airport.
Candidates should expect 50%-75% travel as conditions permit focused on client, prospect and team visits.
Candidates should be considerably experienced sales professionals with significant experience in large account management and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. Sales experience in the manufacturing industry is required with a strong preference for process industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant field
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level audiences
- Outstanding general business skills (soft skills, structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and stakeholder engagement)
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills
- Knowledge and experience in significant aspects of related disciplines such as Enterprise Software, Professional Services and Software Development Services
- Knowledge of Manufacturing, Retail, Medical Device, Specialty Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Restaurant and/or Food Service industries
- Ability to operate in a fluid environment and comfortable with high levels of uncertainty