For more than two decades, FoodChain ID has been at the on the forefront of the New Food industry providing expertise worldwide to navigate the requirements of an ever-growing demand for higher levels of transparency, accountability, safety, and sustainability. Our technical and business services include serving clean label, food safety, and sustainability claims through offerings of non-GMO Project verification, USDA Organic certification, BRC and SQF food safety certification, and more. Today, more than 30,000 companies in over 100 countries rely on our industry-leading solutions. The FoodChain ID vision encompasses nothing less than assuring the safety, transparency, and integrity of the global food chain, one client and product at a time.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in completing projects by a set deadline to uphold business initiatives. Their duties include dividing up their budget for different project aspects and advocating for additional funding when necessary, hiring freelance professionals or selecting project team members from existing departments and setting or adjusting project schedules to adhere to deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a project plan to monitor and track progress with clients and internal teams following standard procedures set up with the Project Management Office (Communicate contractual project deliverables with internal teams through Jira, Confluence; monitor progress and export reports for clients and PMO)
- Manage project phase deliverables and prepare milestone acceptance documents for client alignment or billing if fixed price contract
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Coordinate internal resources and consultants for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and work with PMO on standard procedures
- Manage the communication with clients and attend regular online meetings to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Support to set up standard procedure to track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Manage the project RAID (risks, issues, actions, decisions) Log, identifying and escalating significant project concerns.
- Possesses a solid level of computer literacy including Office Suite software, particularly MS Project
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Previous experience in industry or industrial association preferably in the Food & Beverage, Cosmetics, Chemical sectors, and project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Note: it can vary from Life Sciences degrees such as Food Science, Environmental Science or Economy /Law/ Information Technology.)
- Proficient in written and spoken English. (Proficiency in other languages a plus)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with clients professionally.
- Good time management skills and ability to provide on time delivery of outputs.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with international cross-functional teams (data teams, technology teams, management teams, subject matter experts).
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with project management tools (MS Project, Planner, Jira, Confluence)
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Project Management certifications highly desirable (Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP), Certified Agile Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Knowledge of Product Lifecyle Management (PLM), Food Safety and Compliance software.
- Prior Project management experience with internal and external (client facing) projects, minimally 2 years experience.