At FoodChain ID, were driven by our vision: we make it easier to keep the food supply chain safe and transparent. To do this, were developing a first of its kind, comprehensive and integrated software platform for our customers. This platform will make it easier for leading food manufacturers and retailers to be compliant, manage risk, and access new markets and consumers as the New Food Economy continues to evolve.
A Laboratory Technician will execute all aspects of daily business operations in the either the DNA testing or Sample Preparation laboratory. An ideal candidate will work effectively with all team members to ensure that our customers receive on-time and accurate delivery of test results and services in alignment with our quality system requirements.
- Understanding of testing requirements and concepts
- Prioritize and prepare/process all customer samples for analytical testing according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Perform daily QC checks of balance, solvent dispensers, micro-pipettes and calibrate them weekly or when necessary
- Taking daily temperature readings and assisting with supplies inventories
- Cleaning glassware, solvent disposal, and reagent preparation
- Functions as an analyst for data analysis and reporting
- Identify and assist in resolving anomalous events
- Maintain accurate records for traceability through all department procedures
- Prepare essential laboratory reagents
- Responsible for calibration and verification of specific equipment and their accompanying records
- All other duties as assigned
DNA Testing Specific Responsibilities
- Knowledge in DNA extraction, UV/Vis Spectroscopy, qPCR, ELISA, GLP
Sample Preparation Specific Responsibilities
- Responsible for oils, tissue fat, feed, wheat, produce and various matrices extractions
- Column chromatography cleanup of oils extracted tissue fats and other matrices for various pesticide screens
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a scientific field
- 1 – 2 years of laboratory experience preferred
- Familiarity with ISO17025 accreditation
- Interpersonal/Communications Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; clear, organized, methodical, detail-oriented
- Offers and receives useful and constructive feedback
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships in a team-based environment
- Personal Skills
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and work efficiently under deadlines
- Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions
- Business Skills
- Effectively meet customer needs while taking responsibility for customer satisfaction
- Consult with Technical Manager, Quality Manager, and/or Client Services on testing matters
- Undertake all necessary training to maintain the knowledge and expertise required to meet the changing demands of the position and business
- Technology Literacy
- Proficiency with operation use of desktop computers
- MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Database experience preferred
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Complete everyday math associated with job-related tasks.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.