For more than two decades, FoodChain ID has been at the forefront of the New Food industry, providing expertise worldwide to navigate the requirements of an ever-growing demand for higher levels of transparency, accountability, safety, and sustainability. Our technical and business services include serving clean labels, food safety, and sustainability claims through offerings of Non-GMO Project verification, USDA Organic certification, BRC and SQF food safety certification, and more. Today, more than 30,000 companies in over 100 countries rely on our industry-leading solutions. The FoodChain ID vision encompasses nothing less than assuring the safety, transparency, and integrity of the global food chain, one client and product at a time.
In FoodChain ID’s mission is to make the food supply chain safe and transparent, and the company works with global brands. We seek an experienced and results-driven Global Account Manager (GAM) to join our team. As a GAM, you will be responsible for managing complex global accounts, developing, and executing sales strategies, and driving business growth. You must navigate long sales cycles, negotiate contracts, and develop long-term relationships with key stakeholders. In addition, we require expertise in our FCID products to ensure our customers are presented with a complete product suite. In this role, you will work with some of the world’s largest Food and Beverage companies, helping them achieve positive business results with FoodChain ID’s modern SaaS solutions and services.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to meet revenue targets and pursue additional revenue and business objectives for assigned global accounts.
- Demonstrate the ability to navigate large and complex sales processes, including multi-level decision-making and long sales cycles.
- Comfortably navigate global accounts with the entire product suite, including identifying and presenting new solutions that address customer needs.
- Ensure that customer needs are met by collaborating with internal teams to deliver customized solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Develop and understand industry trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape to inform sales strategies and product development.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, including C-level executives and decision-makers, to understand their business needs and provide tailored solutions.
- Creation of a global account plan aligning value proposition across FCID with the client’s business strategy
- Understand and translate customer strategy and business drivers into creating new opportunities.
- Works closely with cross-functional leaders such as Product, Marketing, Sales, Support, and the Executive sponsor to manage the customer strategically.
- Identify, qualify, and build strategic relationships with current and global prospects.
- Lead global account planning and targeting process, defining global commercial and operational strategies.
- Identify and develop new global account customers.
- Design and execute an account plan that represents the direction of growth for each Global account to be presented quarterly.
- Successfully negotiated and closed complex business deals, including significant direct customer-facing negotiation at a senior level.
- Create regular updates on business performance for senior management.
- Lead renewal of existing subscriptions and services
- Manage the accounts over the subscription cycle and renew the customer account according to growth targets.
- Identifying enterprise license opportunities globally
- Manage pipeline funnel to guarantee forecast, linearity, and predictability of existing and new revenue.
- Drive user adoption across new divisions within the assigned portfolio of companies and services.
- Given the complexity of these programs, work closely with internal subject experts to assess the viability of solutions.
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with Global customers.
- Record all communication and plans in Salesforce.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or a related field.
- 7 Years of sales experience, with a proven track record of success in complex global account management
- Strong understanding of sales processes, including lead generation, qualification, and closing
- Ability to own the wallet size for all accounts.
- Ability to travel internationally, as required.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with global cultures
Competencies, Knowledge, and Skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to establish credibility and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze complex data and market trends to inform sales strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Successful and proven record of sales growth, specifically global client growth. This is a strategic, global account development role.
- Planning: the ability to proactively look around the corner to anticipate customers’ needs, questions, and requests. Relevant experience in selling technical solutions to Food and Beverage
- Resourceful and creative in finding resources internally and externally.
- Strong presentation & negotiation skills, experience presenting to the C-Suite
- Strategic analysis: able to discuss at a strategic level the customer’s strategic direction and how FCID can support their goals.
- Excellent written and spoken English, outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, and the natural ability to collaborate and navigate inside large enterprises.
- History of closing large complex deals 500k to 5 million