FoodChain ID is committed to consistently delivering the highest levels of operation and service excellence in our industry. The Business Development Sales Specialist, Food Safety/Testing/Digital Solutions requires sales skills with a Training and Consultative approach, with a background in Technology solutions and services. Additionally, the Business Development Sales Specialist, Food Safety/Testing/Digital Solutions will be responsible for proposing and closing Consulting, Safety, Training and Technology solution contracts that will achieve total revenue growth (sales and annuity), profit and customer satisfaction plans.
Universal Skills Required and Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary point of contact for Food Safety/Testing/Digital Solutions services, responsible for articulating value proposition
- Meets with key clients, establishing and maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Lead Qualification of all incoming inquiries generated from various marketing channels (website, emails, phone calls, etc.)
- Prepare proposals, including estimating work scope and price, and presentation process and managing client relations to ensure complete satisfaction
- Process orders after quote acceptance, ensure clients receives follow-up of sent quotes and assist in turning quotes into orders
- CRM (SFDC) maintained, in real time with all pertinent information such as contact information, supported
- Responsible for managing pipeline, and forecasts to ensure the business is meeting the corporate objectives for products and services
- Ability to prioritize, oversee multiple projects, and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Works under moderate guidance, makes connections, and builds trusted advisor status with relevant account owners
- Collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for service offering development
Detailed Service Experience:
Experience in business services including serving clean label, food safety, and sustainability claims through offerings of Non-GMO Project verification, USDA Organic certification, BRC and SQF food safety certification.
Experience in SaaS solutions and services with a strong enterprise software sales background in Enterprise Software, Professional Services, and/or Software Development Services.
Has a strong scientific acumen and capacity to learn new technical information with knowledge of the Food and/or Feed industries and Specialty Chemical.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred
- 1+ years Client Services experience
- 1+ years Inside Sales experience
- 1+ years Technology Sales Experience, such as SaaS or Online Solutions
- CRM Experience (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, or equivalent)
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of Manufacturing, Retail, Food / Feed industries, Specialty Chemical, Pharmaceutical, and/or Food Service industries