At FoodChain ID, we are driven by our vision: we make it easier to keep the food supply chain safe and transparent. To do this, we are developing a first-of-its-kind, comprehensive and integrated software platform for our customers. This platform will make it easier for leading food manufacturers and retailers to be compliant, manage risk, and access new markets and consumers as the New Food Economy continues to evolve.
The Regulatory Intelligence Department monitors and analyzes global food safety regulations such as those relating to food ingredients, pesticides, veterinary drugs, and contaminants. This information is communicated to clients and compiled into a suite of regulatory databases and services.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitoring for international regulatory updates from multiple online sources
- Analyzing international food safety regulations and proposals
- Entering regulatory information into databases
- Performing quality assurance reviews on regulatory data sets
- Researching international food safety policies
- Writing summaries of regulatory updates for customized client newsletter services
- Conducting live database demonstrations and other presentations for clients via webinar or in-person
- Additional research and database projects, support to senior staff, and other duties may also be assigned.
- Bachelors degree from four-year college or university.
- Acute attention to detail, be accountable for the accuracy of their work, and possess the necessary patience and diligence.
- Experience compiling, organizing, and managing information in spreadsheets or databases.
- Strong writing, research, and analytical skills are also essential, as candidates will be expected to interpret complex regulations and provide accurate, well-written summaries.
- Proficiency in one or more foreign language and/or experience collaborating with technology teams are not required but are looked upon favorably.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other standard applications are required.
The application must include the following attachments to be considered:
- Cover letter