FoodChain ID, Inc. is expanding its (US) Testing team. Founded in 1996 with headquarters in Fairfield, Iowa, and offices in the U.S., Belgium, Brazil, India, Italy, Mexico, Germany, Serbia, Thailand, and the U.K., FoodChain ID’s mission is to support sustainable and socially responsible food production through certification, technical solutions, and testing services.
FoodChain ID Testing provides world-class laboratory testing and consulting services that empower food, feed, and agricultural companies to succeed in a complex ever-changing global market.
An Analytical Chemist II will execute all aspects of daily business operations in the analytical instrumentation department and assist in standards preparation. An ideal candidate will work effectively with all team members to ensure that our customers receive on-time and accurate delivery of test results and services in alignment with our quality system requirements.
- Understanding of testing requirements and concepts
- Prioritize and prepare all customer samples for analytical testing according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Identify and assist in resolving anomalous events
- Maintain accurate records for traceability through all department procedures
- Responsible for calibration and verification of specific equipment and their accompanying records
- Responsible for instrument maintenance procedures
- Responsible for preparation of analytical standards for laboratory use
- 2-4 years of work experience using either GC/MS, or GC-MSMS, with Mass Hunter software or equivalent.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; clear, organized, detail-oriented
- Offers and receives useful and constructive feedback
- Able to establish and maintain effective work relationships in a team-based environment
- Personal Skills
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work efficiently under deadlines
- Dependable and punctual work schedule
- Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions
- Business Skills
- Effectively meet customer needs while taking responsibility for customer satisfaction
- Undertake all necessary training to maintain the knowledge and expertise required to meet the changing demands of the position and business
- Technology Literacy
- Proficiency with operation of desktop computers
- MS Excel, Outlook
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Perform every day math in order to complete job-related tasks
Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form