For more than two decades, FoodChain ID has been at the forefront of the New Food industry, providing expertise worldwide to navigate the requirements of an ever-growing demand for higher levels of transparency, accountability, safety, and sustainability. Our technical and business services include serving clean labels, food safety, and sustainability claims through offerings of Non-GMO Project verification, USDA Organic certification, BRC and SQF food safety certification, and more. Today, more than 30,000 companies in over 100 countries rely on our industry-leading solutions. The FoodChain ID vision encompasses nothing less than assuring the safety, transparency, and integrity of the global food chain, one client and product at a time.
In FoodChain ID’s mission is to make the food supply chain safe and transparent, and the company works with global brands. We seek an experienced and results-driven Account Executive to join our team.
In FCID, we differentiate our commercial talent between “hunters” and “farmers.” This role is classified as a “hunter,” meaning you will focus on new logos. As an AE, you will sell FCID’s specific product and service portfolio.
As an AE, you will identify customer opportunities in the Regional and Specialist customer segment (customers with revenues between $400MM and $850MM+), connect with potential buyers, present FCID’s solutions to solve our customer problems, and negotiate and close deals. You must navigate B2B sales cycles, negotiate contracts, and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders. In addition, we require expertise in our FCID products to ensure our customers are presented with a service/product suite that can help solve their problems. In this role, you will work with Food and Beverage companies in our Regional and Specialist segment, helping them achieve positive business results with FoodChain ID’s modern solutions.
- Lead the Commercial Business Development with FoodChain ID’s regional and specialist customers.
- Achieve double-digit Annual Growth with assigned customers across dedicated service lines and product/service suits.
- Clearly articulate the vision, formulate effective sales strategies consistent with the business strategy, determine sales objectives and set priorities, create a line of sight to the commercial activities that support the vision, and gain the respect and confidence of team and cross-functional business partners.
- Meet with regional and specialist accounts, assisting the commercial organization, establishing and maintaining relationships, and negotiating and closing deals.
- Grow service line penetration with customers across FoodChain IDs service offerings.
- Include the right resources in presentations/demos/discussions with customers to ensure FCID is professionally represented.
- Oversee the execution of trade association meetings.
- Actively participate with the marketing team and senior business leaders to guide in the development of business unit strategic plans.
- Routinely monitor competitive sales and marketing activities, summarize and share key findings with internal stakeholders, and collaborate in modifying strategies accordingly
- Provide Voice of the Client (VOC) feedback on market needs and company service delivery.
- Present information to top management, customers, and key industry groups.
- Identify existing and potential problems and changing business conditions; identify possible causes of the problems; and respond accordingly.
- Diligently use SalesForce as the source of truth, capturing all deals to ensure correct and timely reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or a related field.
- 1+ years of sales experience, with a proven track record of success in closing new business deals in the regional and specialist segment.
- Proven history of closing deals $10k+.
- Experience in selling TIC solutions.
- Relevant experience in selling solutions to Food and Beverage.
- Extensive CRM (SalesForce…) experience required.
- Strong understanding of sales processes, including lead generation, qualification, and closing.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.