BRCGS is a leading brand and consumer protection organization, used by over 29,000 certified suppliers in over 130 countries. The BRCGS Standard is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized certification program.
The BRCGS Global Standard for Packaging Materials is a leading program for the certification of packaging used in food production and consumer products, including cosmetics, toiletries, clothing, houseware and other products.
FoodChain ID is a highly rated certification body providing accredited BRCGS certification globally.
Why FoodChain ID for BRCGS Certification?
- BRCGS Certification Body 5-star rating
- Broad pool of highly trained auditors
- Customer single point-of-contact saves you time
- Highly responsive customer and technical team
- Training and consulting experience
The BRCGS Global Standard for Packaging Materials is a leading program for the certification of packaging used in food production and consumer products, including cosmetics, toiletries, clothing, houseware and other sectors.
Certification is achieved by undertaking a third-party audit against Standard requirements by an accredited certification body (CB). BRCGS rates CBs on their technical performance and efficiency in customer service. FoodChain ID Certification is a highly rated CB providing accredited BRCGS certification globally.
The BRCGS Packaging Materials Standard provides a robust framework for all types of packaging manufacturers to assist them in the production of safe packaging materials and to manage product quality to meet customers’ requirements.
- Has two categories of requirements based on intended use of packaging: high hygiene and basic hygiene.
- Incorporates product safety and quality requirements to support legal compliance and operational efficiency.
- Is accepted globally by retailers and food/consumer product manufacturers to reduce audit fatigue in the supply chain.
- Includes manufacturers of print and chemical processes applied to food and consumer packaging.
- Offers three audit options depending upon operation’s readiness level: announced, unannounced, Global Markets program.
BRCGS Packaging Materials Issue 6 was published in August 2019.
BRCGS Packaging Materials is beneficial to a diverse range of manufacturers involved in the production, conversion, and printing of materials intended for food and consumer product packaging.
The Standard will also help you reduce waste, complaints, recalls and rejected products through a cycle of continuous improvement.
Many retailers, brand owners, raw material processors and packaging manufacturers around the world support the use of the Standard and accept it as part of their supplier approval processes.
Contact FoodChain ID for an application and next steps. At FoodChain ID, we know that certification is more than the yearly audit and we are here to help.
The cost of BRCGS certification depends on many factors surrounding your facility. To take the first steps in becoming BRCGS certified, please contact our office so we can assess the requirements of your business.
BRCGS Participate is the most convenient and flexible way to access all the content produced by BRCGS Global Standards. BRCGS Participate is a managed, subscription-based, online service that subscribers can access to view content, download PDFs and access Interpretation Guidelines and supporting publications online, selecting your language of choice where translations are available.