BRC Culture Excellence Audit Module with FoodChain ID Certification
The Culture Excellence module enables the measurement, quantification and analysis of organisational culture. The BRC module provides insight into key aspects of food safety in your business, resulting in a grade that can be used for compliance, sales and marketing purposes.
And now, the BRC Global Standards for Food Safety Standard is putting more emphasis on Culture Excellence with the introduction of Issue 8.
The new requirements state that sites must have a clear plan for the development and continuous improvement of food safety and quality culture.
This plan must include:
- Defined activities in place to assist development
- An action plan indicating how activities will be undertaken and measured
- An intended timescale of activities
- A review of the effectiveness of completed activities
What is involved in the BRC Food Safety Culture Excellence Module?
How do I achieve a good grade in BRC Culture Excellence Audit?
There are four key areas that your employees will be assessed on in the BRC Culture Excellence Module.
1) People– the people section of Culture Excellence reflects on staff attitudes and your investment in people. Empowerment, Reinforcement, Teamwork and Training are all key metrics in this section of BRC’s Culture Excellence.
2) Process– the process section of Culture Excellence reflects on how well staff know about the importance of production processes. Control, Coordination, Consistency and Systems are all key metrics in this section of BRC’s Culture Excellence.
3) Purpose– the purpose section of Culture Excellence reflects on how your staff view the purpose of their roles within your organization, and the purpose of your organization’s work as a whole. Vision, Values, Strategy and Objectives are all key metrics in the purpose section of BRC’s Culture Excellence.
4) Proactivity– the proactivity section of Culture Excellence reflects on how your staff perceive the company to be proactive in tackling potential issues, or embracing opportunities in the food industry. Awareness, Foresight, Change and Learning are all key metrics in the proactivity section of BRC’s Culture Excellence.