Are you looking for dynamic career growth, an opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing industry, and a great compensation and benefits package from a top company in the food certification field?
FoodChain ID, Inc. in Fairfield, IA, is expanding its Technical Services, Certification, and Testing (US) teams. Founded in 1996 with headquarters in Fairfield, Iowa, and offices in US, UK, Germany, Belgium, Italy, and Brazil, FoodChain ID’s mission is to support sustainable and socially responsible food production through certification; and technical/testing services and solutions.
Order Processing Staff (Level I) executes many aspects of daily business operations in the Order Processing department.
An ideal candidate will work effectively with all team members to ensure that our customers receive on-time delivery of test results and services in alignment with our quality system requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of testing requirements and concepts
- Receive, record, prioritize, and enter customer orders for analytical testing into database according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Identify and assist in resolving anomalous events and situations
- Maintain accurate records
- Send analytical results and invoices to customers in a timely fashion
- Function as back-up support for sample processing
- Assist the customer service department on a part-time basis
The Inside Sales Representative works under the direction of the Executive Director Sales, North America, and is responsible for qualifying leads and incoming inquiries, generating leads through social media, and presenting organizational benefits and services to prospective clients. Requirements of this position include clearly articulating the corporate vision, implementing effective sales strategies provided by the management team, and working in a collaborative environment.
Service Level Standards
At FoodChain ID, Inc., we are committed to consistently delivering the highest levels of operation and service excellence in our industry. An essential responsibility of the inbound sales team is to collaborate internally and exceed our service level standards. The Inside Sales Enrollment Specialist proactively participates the definition, measurement, and reporting of new standards to continuously improve our service.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead Qualification
- Qualify all incoming inquiries generated from various marketing channels (website, emails, phone calls, etc.) and triage to appropriate Commercial contacts.
- Keep CRM (SFDC) up to date in real time with all pertinent information such as contact information, supported qualification data and notes, etc.
- Present Company Overview
- Outbound Lead Generation
- Represent the company at trade shows
- Account Management
- Work collaboratively with peers and cross functional business partners
Hands-on role, coordinating the training curriculum and compilation of training material to successfully train and advance technical evaluator associates. Will work directly with stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Coordinate with teams to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible, and that training and operational guidelines are written and well organized.
Role and Responsibilities
- Trained to all technical evaluation levels for Non-GMO Project Standard
- Remain up to date with current Non-GMO Project Standard
- Outlines and implements training programs
- Creating training curriculum and compiling training material, module training guidelines, training quizzes, technical FAQs, etc.
- Maintain update and distribute training documents, training recording videos
- Maintain a training schedule including documenting training status for all staff
- Assist in creating client facing internal technical documents, maintaining and keeping them up to date with current standard guidance
- Assist in creating evaluation guidance and issuing it to the staff, maintaining and keeping them up to date with current standard guidance
- Work with relevant stakeholders to prioritize and define training programs to enhance associate job skills
Entry-level position with opportunity for growth, implementing quality management plans for verification, validation, and continuous improvement of web applications built on a .Net-based framework in an Agile software development environment process.
This position reports to the QA Manager and is located in Fairfield, IA.
- Write and execute test cases and document test results in accordance with test plans
- Monitor, track and report on software regression test case failures
- Participate in the development of quality measurements
- Coordinate and manage the execution of testing to completion on scheduled timeframe
- Facilitate the development of testable requirements
- Monitor and manage test environments
- Work with Product Manager, QA Manager, Release Manager, Business Analyst and Developers on product readiness
- Provide post-implementation support on deliverables
- Classify issue severity
Work collaboratively with the SWDev teams in our Fairfield, Iowa office on the design, implementation, and maintenance of a set of next generation RESTful enterprise applications and services, including DBA tasks. Environment includes SQLServer 2012 and Azure, C#, Angular, .Net, Entity Framework, and essential web application technologies. Maintain production SQL Server DB, with Redgate tools.
- Maintain development and production databases on SQL 2012 and Azure using SSMS and Redgate tools.
- Develop TSQL reports, views, stored procedures, UDFs, and data dictionary
- Ensure performance, security and availability of databases
- Manage database users, security, documentation, backup and recovery
- Review TSQL code from other SWDevs for compliance with DB best practices
- Ongoing software development, fixing bugs and implementing new features.
- Develop Angular, .Net, MVC, and Webform web pages using custom web controls, CSS and Ajax, following existing design patterns.
- Deliver work that meets specifications, is free from defects, and has optimal performance, consistent with established patterns
- Ongoing learning and process improvement
We are looking for an experienced Desktop Support System Administrator to work in a highly dynamic environment and provide support to a growing, expanding international company. Applicants considering this position should demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting, problem-solving, and creative thinking. This skillset is essential to work within our diverse workforce and culture.
Work derives from sources including:
- User created tickets
- Long-term IT projects
- New employees and employee terminations
- Routine daily/monthly tasks
Role and Responsibilities
Desktop Support Duties
- Laptop/Desktop maintenance
- New purchase deployments
- Existing repairs, patches, troubleshooting
- Re-imaging Operating Systems where needed
- Remote support
- Monitoring Nagios alerts and conditions for diskspace, service statuses, and status of servers and systems within the network
- Backup Administration for systems such as: Cobian, Azure, Redgate, Veeam
- Anti-Virus monitoring and maintenance
- Equipment purchasing as authorized
- Nagios XI
- Nagios Core
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to learn and grow, you must be teachable
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field
- 3-5 years of desktop support experience
- Combination of education and work experience may be considered
Work collaboratively with the SWDev teams in our Fairfield, Iowa office to deploy and operate software services. Help automate and streamline operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. troubleshoot and resolve issues in dev, test, stage, and production environments. Maintain production SQL Server DBs, with Redgate tools and manage DevOps in VSTS.
- Release management using VSTS, continuous integration, Azure
- Design, implement, test, and maintain build, deployment, and configuration management systems
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and training for team members on DevOps
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Implement and maintain best practices, ongoing learning and process improvement
- Maintain and develop TSQL reports, views, stored procedures, udfs, and data dictionary
- Ensure performance, security and availability of databases
- Manage users, security, backup and recovery
- Review TSQL code from SWDevs for compliance with DB best practices
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
Because you want to be at the vanguard of one of the most exciting, important industries in the world today – food safety and food quality certification. Your contribution will help ensure the quality of the food supply and provide greater choice for consumers. You’ll work with a talented, international team and build upon your knowledge and experience while contributing to the greater health of people and the planet.
FoodChain ID companies provide integrated food safety and food quality solutions that address the challenges and opportunities in the rapidly evolving food industry. Serving more than 15,000 clients in over 100 countries with a market-leading portfolio of testing, inspection, certification and consulting services, the FoodChain ID helps companies navigate an increasingly regulated global food economy demanding higher levels of transparency, accountability, safety and sustainability.
FoodChain ID assures the safety, quality, integrity, and sustainability of the global food chain.
The core of FoodChain ID is its staff, a highly skilled, closely-knit team working at our Fairfield, Iowa headquarters along with a worldwide distributed staff. We care passionately about food, health, wellness, and resource sustainability, and endeavor to cultivate and support a safer, more transparent food system.
From “farm to fork,” we track and certify products ranging from raw material to processed items. Your contribution will be essential to the future of safe consumables.
As an equal opportunity employer, FoodChain ID prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
All full-time employees receive a generous benefits package, which includes:
- Medical Insurance – comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage for staff and their families (USA only)
- 401K plan, including company match (USA only)
- Competitive workplace pension (UK only)
- 25 days holiday plus the bank holidays (UK only)
- Childcare vouchers (UK only)
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
Learn more about our benefits from our Human Resources department, HRAdmin@foodchainid.com.
Employees at FoodChain ID headquarters in Fairfield, Iowa experience one of America’s most welcoming, unique, and friendly small towns.
Fairfield has won honors as one of “The 20 Best Small Towns to Visit” (Smithsonian Magazine) and “11 Coolest Small Cities to Road Trip To” (Buzzfeed).
Fairfield was named one of “Iowa’s Great Places” and Iowa’s “Entrepreneurial Community of the Year”, and was inaugural winner of the Grass Roots Entrepreneurship Award from the National Center for Small Communities in Washington, DC.
Learn more about Fairfield at http://www.travelfairfield.com/
A former borough town, Sutton Coldfield is the largest place to shop and relax within Birmingham outside of the city centre.
FoodChain ID in the UK is located just a two minute drive away from the centre, and even closer to Sutton Park (one of the largest urban parks in the UK) and the green belt areas surrounding the town centre – giving you plenty space to breathe.
Learn more about Sutton Coldfield here